Thursday, October 3, 2013

1 Month

I can't believe that I only have one more month of waiting before I get to resubmit my mission papers. Don't worry I really am thrilled about this! Time has been on my side these last few weeks and I'm completely blessed with that.
But of course many of you know that it hasn't always been on my side. Or at least I didn't feel as though it was. I want to share little segments from one of the best talks I've read. It's by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Aprill 2010 Priesthood Session. The talk is Continue in Patience
It was extremely hard for me to understand why I had to wait when what I wanted to do was something good. Serving a mission isn't bad. But why would I have to wait? Now there are a long list of reasons why I had to wait some more obvious then others. Some reasons I'm still learning about! 
"Patience- the ability to put our desires on hold for a time- is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter."
Now, not all of us are horrible with patience but there are some of us who are still learning how to look at it with good light. 
About two days ago I realized that as exciting as it is that on November 3 I'll have my papers back up at the mission department but being able to put my mission papers in means that I have gone 6 months without an anxiety attack that I COULD NOT control. I was pretty excited when I had realized that next month is a really big stepping stone for me. Of course I'm focusing on everything with my mission because HELLO that's what my end goal is here right? 
"...I learned that patience was far more than simply waiting for something to happen-patience required actively working toward worthwhile goals not getting discouraged when results didn't appear instantly or without effort. There is an important concept here: patience is not a passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can- working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"
President Uchtdorf is one very inspired man of God. Amen to this whole talk. It is simply amazing. I'm so thankful for the many things my Heavenly Father has blessed me with this year. (Can you believe it was a year ago when President Monson made the big announcement?) I can't wait to see what this last month is going to teach me. And I've very excited to be able in one month to try it all again. I know my mission is worth it. And I've very excited to see what it all has in store for me. 
I hope you all get to watch or listen to General Conference this weekend. I've very interested to see what our Savior wants us to hear this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment